In response to the Dealer reply of my initial complaint on 11/23/2016: I understand that the Autos of Dallas cannot perform a full inspection of the vehicles that they purchase due to the costs associated with such inspections. The dealership knows that accidents can be bypassed from showing up in a Car Fax report (mentioned in their response) but despite what they said, I was not informed about this during the buying process, even when I asked if the vehicle had been in any accidents.

After I purchased the vehicle and discovered it had been in an accident, the manager promptly denied responsibility and reminded me that the vehicle is sold "as is". Autos of Dallas is a distinguished pre-owned dealership in Dallas and they have since elevated themselves by moving to a prominent area, next to reputable and established dealerships. I trusted that Autos of Dallas, given it's positive reputation, would have business practices in place to perform due diligence beyond a car fax report and visual inspection. I fear that other consumers will fall victim to this same false pretense.

I wanted to test how well Autos of Dallas strives "to sell vehicles with no previous damage" so I purchased an Autocheck subscription and within 30 minutes of checking half of the current inventory as of 12/15/2016, I found 11 vehicles with reported accidents. I will continue going through the remaining inventory and send a formal notice to the dealership notifying them of the specific vehicles in their inventory with previous vehicle damage.

Since the dealership will not take any responsibility, I will also continue to monitor their future inventory and promptly notify them so they can't make the same mistake they made with me. I have attached the Autocheck reports for the 11 vehicles for sale on 12/15/2016 that had accident history.

Product or Service Mentioned: Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I just found out the car I bought from them has two previous wrecks on it. Needless to say I was pissed. I was told also no wrecks and SHOWN a carfax report which obviously was not the correct report.

Odessa, Texas, United States #1276423

Thank you for your review. I have been looking daily on their website with an intention to buy a luxury vehicle from them, but this has changed my mind. Thank you so much.