In response to the Dealer reply of my initial complaint on 11/23/2016: I understand that the Autos of Dallas cannot perform a full inspection of the vehicles that they purchase due to the costs associated with such inspections.The dealership knows that accidents can be bypassed from showing up in a Car Fax report (mentioned in their response) but despite what they said, I was not informed about this during the buying process, even when I asked if the vehicle had been in any accidents.

After I purchased the vehicle and discovered it had been in an accident, the manager promptly denied responsibility and reminded me that the vehicle is sold "as is". Autos of Dallas is a distinguished pre-owned dealership in Dallas and they have since elevated themselves by moving to a prominent area, next to reputable and established dealerships. I trusted that Autos of Dallas, given it's positive reputation, would have business practices in place to perform due diligence beyond a car fax report and visual inspection. I fear that other consumers will fall victim to this same false pretense.

I wanted to test how well Autos of Dallas strives "to sell vehicles with no previous damage" so I purchased an Autocheck subscription and within 30 minutes of checking half of the current inventory as of 12/15/2016, I found 11 vehicles with reported accidents. I will continue going through the remaining inventory and send a formal notice to the dealership notifying them of the specific vehicles in their inventory with previous vehicle damage.

Since the dealership will not take any responsibility, I will also continue to monitor their future inventory and promptly notify them so they can't make the same mistake they made with me.I have attached the Autocheck reports for the 11 vehicles for sale on 12/15/2016 that had accident history.

Review about: Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Odessa, Texas, United States #1276423

Thank you for your review. I have been looking daily on their website with an intention to buy a luxury vehicle from them, but this has changed my mind. Thank you so much.